Participation in a trade show or event is one of the main actions of prospecting foreign markets, but also one of the strategic tools of external communication B-TO-B.
The prerequisites for a successful trade show
Attending a trade show has several advantages. Good thought is needed before going to avoid failure. For that several questions that should be asked before deciding to participate:
- What is our goal: commercial (looking for new customers, increasing turnover) or institutional?
- Is the reputation, number and quality of the visitors and the geographic scope of the show consistent with our goal?
- Is the theme of the show really relevant to our activity?
- Is the return on investment of participation possible in the short and medium term?
The definition of the target is extremely important for choosing a show. It is better to choose a low-traffic trade show where the target of the company is very well represented. We can distinguish several targets:
- The journalists,
- The partners,
- Shareholders or public relations.
During trade fairs open to professionals and the general public must also adapt the message according to each target.
7 key points to successfully participate in a foreign trade show
To successfully participate in foreign trade shows, we propose a methodology with 7 key steps:
- D-12month Choose the salon
- D-8month Set the budget
- D-6months Design and prepare the stand
- D-4months Invite prospects and think about advertising inserts in the professional press
- D-2month Prepare the logistics
- D-1month Prepare the animation of the stand
- At the end of the show, thank your visitors and boost your prospects.
Here are some links to choose your salons:
Expert in International Trade